By Jonathan Akuaghare
It is a great and rare privilege to join the race for the office of the Secretary of our noble DELSU Workers Multi-purpose Cooperative Society Ltd.
Without attempting to blow my own trumpet, I have a clear understanding of the responsibilities of an effective Secretary of the most organized Cooperative not only in DELSU but Nigeria in general and I am ready to give my all towards ensuring that a new order is put in place together with other Executives.
With a rich and experienced background in management and policy formulation, if given the opportunity to serve, I would
* be methodical with a good eye for details.
* bring objectivity to proceedings
* deal promptly with correspondence.
* ensure that a reliable and an up to date register of members is maintained.
* bring an interpersonal skills to bear by collaborating with the President for the good of the Cooperative and
* demonstrate adequate knowledge of Committee procedures.
* also create an atmosphere of transparency and openness where Cooperators are kept abreast of all activities that affect their interest in the society.
According to Victor Hugo, You can resist an invading army but you cannot resist an idea whose time has come. ” And as we all know, “Ideas rule the world”. Permit me to share a few of the ideas, well thought out, that have been propelling me to aim at the pragmatic office of the secretary of our great society:
+ Digitalization/Computerization of all operations of the Cooperative . This will ensure that transactions are carried out at the speed of light without errors.
+ Creation of a Central database of all Cooperators, which amongst other things will enhance quick access to cooperators financial/benefits records.
+ under a fully computerized system, integrity of members’ information and records can be guaranteed.
+ I have also mapped out an effective communication system that a fully digitalized Society will enhance. When this is done dissemination of information to members can be executed with the speed of light.
LONG LIVE DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY!
LONG LIVE DELSU WORKERS MULTI-PURPOSE COOPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD!
LONG LIVE ESTEEMED COOPERATORS !
By: AKUAGHARE A. JONATHAN