The Sermon at the Sunday Worship Service 29/04/2018 in Calvary Baptist Church, Abraka
Topic: A Responsible Church Membership Part II
Scripture: Matthew 16:17-18
Preacher: Rev. (Dr) Napoleon Anokwuru
You will recall that about two weeks ago before the Nigerian Baptist Convention held in Port Harcourt, we talked about responsible church membership. We mentioned that the church belongs to God and the members called should be separated from this sinful world.
In the previous message, these were the three characteristics of responsible church members: We must see ourselves as part of the family, we must see ourselves as part of God’s own building and we must see ourselves as part of God’s own tree.
Today, we shall mention the other characteristics of responsible church members:
1) Christians who are responsible church members must have the tendency to flourish. Psalm 92:13
2) They shall be rewarded because of their commitment, faithfulness, loyalty and consistency. Matthew 25:21-23
3) Responsible church members have a harvest season. 1 Corinthians 15:56
4) The responsible church members are hardly deceived because they will always crosscheck they have seen or heard. Ephesians 4:14.
5) Responsible church members say good things about the church. 2 Corinthians 20:20.
6) They always celebrate victory.
Father, make me a responsible member of my church. I cannot do without you. So Lord give me the strength and continue to help me in Jesus name! Amen.