Ndokwa Association in America, Inc. announces the launch of its 2017/2018 “Micro Loan” Program
As part of its goals to build sustainable social, economic and human resources in Ndokwa communities, Ndokwa Association in America, Inc. is delighted to announce the launch of its 2017/2018 “Micro Loan” Program. Our goal is to look for Ndokwa youth with burning entrepreneurial spirits, put their ideas to rigorous, empirical tests, and encourage them to be productive members of Ndokwaland by awarding micro loans to those who rise to the top. Our objective is to empower Ndokwa youth through this youth development program based on the belief that if you “Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.”
The 2017/2018 Micro Loan Award Program will be awarded to individuals in the following trades who have met the criteria spelled out by the Project Committee of the Ndokwa Association in America.
1. Hair Dressing
2. Barber/Beauty Salon
5. Fashion Design (Tailoring/ Dress Making)
6. Building Construction (All skills, including Plumbing, Painting, Flooring, Bricklayer, etc.)
7. Makeup Artist
8. Electrical Works
9. Auto Mechanic
11. Dry Cleaning (Wash and Dry Services)
12. Web Designing
13. Artist (Signboards and Displays)
CRITERIA FOR APPLYING:
1. Must be of an Ndokwa born parent
2. No older than 40 years old
3. Completed apprenticeship or in the final year
4. Must be highly disciplined with good moral character
5. Verifiably not a member of a cult
As always, the application is electronically based, so the forms to be filled out will only be available online via the Association’s website at:
The Application period is from June 26, 2017 to August 25, 2017
ALL applicants must meet all specified eligibility criteria, as described on the webpage.
Finally, ALL required supplemental documentation MUST be provided along with the application in order for the application to be considered.
Please circulate this information as far and wide as you can.
NAIA Project Committee