AS A WRITER, HOW CONCISE ARE YOU?
Do you know the longer your name, the longer your chances of beholding FAME and FORTUNE?
This brief piece is not intended to insult, diss and abuse anyone.
Writers don’t really be weighed down by LONG names. The shorter and more concise the name, the better. According to Dbanj, “No long thing.”
Let’s take a look at some WORLD CLASS WRITERS and see how they amputate their names.
1. The father of Nigerian literature, CHINUA ACHEBE. Did you know the full name of ACHEBE is
Albert Chinualumogu Achebe?
Can you see how he expunged ‘Albert and Lumogu’ from his PEN NAME?
2. At number two, We will take a look at
WOLE SOYINKA. Did you know that this creative icon’s full name is as long as an electric eel? His full name is
Akinwande Oluwole Babatunde Soyinka?
As you know, He is a Nigerian playwright and poet. He was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize for Literature, the first African to be so honoured.
3. At number three, we will take a look at REMI RAJI, the immediate past national President of The Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA). His name was not too long, but he also did something to shorten it. Do you know his full name is
Aderemi Raji-Oyelade? This Nigerian poet who writes in English is popularly known by his pen name, Remi Raji. Pen names are always shorter.
4. At number four, We will look at an unknown figure, the man who coined the word PENGICIAN and deposited it in the Shrine of Creativity. He is the national President of Creative Writers’ Association of Nigeria (CWAN) and popularly known as
SIR A-ONE. His stage and Pen name is shorter and quite different from his full name
GOODNEWS ANDREW ERUEMUARE. The Literary Shrine Attendant and self acclaimed Literary Field Marshall (LFM) is gradually becoming a VOICE to reckon with in Africa. The CEO of:
The Publisher of The Literary Temple Magazine (LTM) is a humble pengician with a humble personality who is working tirelessly to bring his creativity to lime light. SIR A-ONE is a Nigerian Memoirist, Rapper, and Pengician.
5. At number five, Well look at the outstanding female Writer, BUCHI EMECHETA. Her case is almost like that of SIR A-ONE. Her first name was
She, however, preferred Buchi Emecheta to Florence Onye and she came to limelight with it.
Why am I writing this?
Your case may not be like theirs, but you definitely NEED a proper packaging of your name in a shorter form, in addition to other qualities, to excel.
Keep up the good pen.
GOODNEWS ANDREW ERUEMUARE also known as SIR A-ONE is a Nigerian memoirist and rapper.
Daily, his works are available for free at