The human brain according to many is the power house of the body after the heart.
Here are 9 fascinating facts about the human brain
1. Drinking alcohol kills brain cells.
2. Your Brain stops growing at age 18.
3. Women tend to take longer to make a decision but are more likely to stick with the decision, compared to men, who are more likely to change their mind after making a decision.
4. Laughing at a joke is no simple task as it requires activity on five different areas of the brain.
5. A small area in the brain called amygala is responsible for your ability to read someone else’s face for clues to how they are feeling.
6. Children who learn two languages before age of five alters the brain structure and adults have a much denser gray matter.
7. If your Brain loses blood for 8 to 10 seconds, you will lose consciousness.
8. You can’t tickle yourself because your Brain distinguished between unexpected external touch and your own touch.
9. The human brain is the fattest organ in the body and may consist of at least 60% of fat.