CHUKWUMA BONIFACE ANYANWU
Chukwuma Boniface Anyanwu
CHUKWUMA ANYANWU obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A. Hons.) from the famous Department of Theatre Arts, University of Ibadan in 1992. He also holds a Master of Arts degree in Communication and Language Arts Department of the same University, 1997. He moved to Delta State University , Abraka, in 1998 as an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Mass Communication from where he rose to the position of Senior Lecturer in 2014. He obtained his Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from the Department of Theatre Arts of the same University where he presently lectures. He coordinated the Weekend Degree Unit of Mass Communication Department from 2004-2009. He was at various times the Time-table officer as well as Course Adviser at the various levels. He has numerous publications in both international and local academic journals as well as various contributions in book chapters. Chukwuma has published in all the literary genres which include: The Battle (2007), Stunted Growth (2007), Boundless Love (2007), Winner 2004 Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), DeltaBranch Tess Osonye Onwueme Drama Prize; The Testimony (2009), Another Weekend, Gone! (2010), Two Plays-(A View from the Wings and The Brothers) (2015)- all plays; Evil Hold (2010) and The Twins (2011), novels and Heartbeats: poems of Youthful Love and Innocence, (2011). Chukwuma has many stage and screen credits as actor, director, stage/production manager. He is married with children.
CHUKWUMA B. ANYANWU
Department of Theatre Arts,
Faculty of Arts
Delta State University, Abraka
Delta State, Nigeria.
FULL NAME: ANYANWU, Boniface Chukwuma (PhD)
PLACE OF BIRTH: Umuoro, Eziala Umuohiagu LOCAL GOVT. AREA: Ngor –
DATE OF BIRTH. 60’s
STATE OF ORIGIN: Imo
MARITAL STATUS: Married
NUMBER OF CHILDREN: Three
LANGUAGES SPOKEN: Igbo/English
OFFICE/CONTACT ADDRESS: Department of Theatre Arts, Faculty of Arts, Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State
E-MAIL ADRRESS: email@example.com/Canyannwu651@gmail.com
PRESENT STATUS: Senior Lecturer
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND :
1. Delta State University, Abraka 2014
2. University of Ibadan 1997
3. University of Ibadan 1992
4. Emmanuel College, Owerri 1982
5. Central School, Umuohiagu, Ngor Okpala L.GA Imo state 1977
QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES:
PhD. Theatre Arts.
M. A. Communication and Language Arts.
B. A. (Hons.) Theatre Arts
W. A. S. C.
Media Arts/Film Studies/Advertising/Public Relations; Dramatic Literature/Creative Writing
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED/PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
I. Member, Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), Delta State Chapter.
II. Member, African Council for Communication Education, (ACCE) , Nigeria Chapter.
EXPERIENCE SINCE BASIC QUALIFICATION
I. Personnel Assistant, Edo State Arts and Culture (NYSC), 1992 – 1993
II. Tutorial Assistant, Use of English (GES 101), University of Ibadan, 1994 – 1995
III. Assistant Production Manager/Actor, (Tebesonoma) Ozidi, NIB Sponsored Production, 1995
IV. Production Manager/Actor, Sonia-Home Video, 1997
V. Course Lecturer, Department of Mass Communication, Delta State University, Abraka,
1998 – Date.
A. PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS:
1. ANYANWU, C. (2000) “ Practice in Nigeria”, Castalia: Ibadan Journal of Multidisciplinary/Multicultural Studies, Vol. 3, No. 1, June, pp. 12 – 20.
2. ANYANWU, C. (2000) “Nigerian Home-Videos and the Demolition of the Family Structure” Journal of Creative Arts. Vol. 1, No. 2, December, University of Port Harcourt, pp. 58 – 63.
3. ANYANWU, C. (2001) “Artistic Impulse, Musical Videos and Pornography” Humanities Review Journal. Vol. 1, No. 2, December, pp. 89 – 95.
4. ANYANWU, C. (2002) “A Retrospective Study on the Emergence and Rise of Igbo Film: 1975 – 1995”. The Parnassus. University of Uyo Journal of Cultural Studies. Vol. 1, pp. 92 – 102.
5. ANYANWU, C. (2005) “The Media, Conflict Resolution and National Development:. Mass Communication Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, Jos. Intertapex Nigeria Ltd., pp. 24 – 30.
6. ANYANWU, C. (2005) “The Media and the Legislature” Mass Communication Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2, Jos. Intertapex Nigeria Ltd., pp. 54 – 61.
7. ANYANWU, C. (2005) “Theatre Arts and the Literature of Life”. The Parnassus. University of Uyo Journal of Cultural Studies. No. 2, June. Pp. 13 – 23.
8. ANYANWU, C. (2005) “Theatre Arts as the Melting Pot of the Arts: A Study”. The Crab: Journal of Theatre and Media Arts. (University of Port Harcourt). Vol. 1, No. 1, June. Pp. 61 – 72.
9. ANYANWU, C. (2005) “Media and Cultural Imperialism: An African Perspective”, Ogirisi: A New Journal of African Studies Society for the Development of African Philosophy, Science and Technology (SODAPSAT) and Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. Vol. 2, No. 2, January, Canada, Trafford Publishing. Pp. 168 – 179.
10. ANYANWU, C. (2008) “The Place of Mediation in Television Message Perception in Nigeria”. The Artiste: A Journal of Theatre Studies and the Humanities. Imo State University, Vol. 1, No. 1, Sept. pp. 125 – 134.
11. ANYANWU, C. (2008) “Examining the Neo-Colonial Tendencies in Nigerian Home-Movies”, International Journal of Communication. No 8, April. Nsukka, Communication Studies Forum (CSF), Department of Mass Communication, Faculty of Arts, UNN. Pp. 433 – 446.
12. ANYANWU, C. (2008) “Theme and plot recycling in Nigerian home movies,” Ijota, No. 2-4, 2007&2008.pp. 126-127.
13. ANYANWU, C. (2009) “Public Relations and the Image of Man,” International journal of Communication, No.10. pp. 284-297.
14. ANYANWU, C. (2009) “Writing for the Screen,” The Parnassus: UNIVERSITY OF Uyo Journal of Cultural Research, No. 5. Pp.52-67.
15. ANYANWU, C. (2012) “Human Relations and Common Mistakes in Official Communication: A Review,” Mediacom Journal, No. 5. Pp. 21-29
C. CREATIVE WORKS:
1. ANYANWU, BONIFACE (1995) Assistant Production Manager/Actor, (Tebesonoma) Ozidi, by J.P Clarke-Bekederemo; Sponsored Nigeria International Bank (NIB), Directed by Prof. Dapo Adelugba, variously staged at the Main Auditorium, Nigeria Law School, V/Island and University of Lagos Main auditorium, 3.00pm and 7.00pm
Production Manager/Actor, Sonia-Home Video, 1997
2. ANYANWAU, C. (1998) Directed Boundless Love, and staged at Atscan Hall, Delta State University, Abraka
3. ANYANWU, C. (2002) Bricks without Straw. A 30-Minute Documentary on Delta State University, Abraka
4. ANYANWU, C. (2005) A View from the Wings (Class Project Film for MCN 431, 2004/2005).
5. ANYANWU, C. (2007) Boundless Love (A Play). Ibadan. Kraft Books Ltd.
6. ANYANWU, C. (2007) The Battle in Stephen Inegbe & C. Anyanwu. The Battle and Other Plays. Ibadan: Soul & Beam Publications.
7. ANYANWU, C. (2007) Stunted Growth (A play) in The Battle & Other Plays, Ibadan, Soul & Beam Publications.
8. ANYANWU, C. (2009) The Testimony ( A Play) in Sam Ukala et al (eds.) Rumbling Creeks of the Niger Delta Ibadan, Kraft Books Ltd.
9. ANYANWU, C. (2009) limited Choice (SS) in Sam Ukala, et al (eds.) Rumbling Creeks of the Niger Delta. Ibadan, Kraft Books, Ltd.
10. ANYANWU, C. (2010) Evil Hold ( A Novel), Ibadan, Bookwright Publishers.
11. ANYANWU, C. (2010) Another Weekend, Gone! Ibadan. Kraft Books, Ltd.
12. ANYANWU, C. (2010) Artistic Director (Fumes of Fuel, written by Sam Ukala, producer, Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) Delta State Chapter, at Unity Hall, Government House, Asaba, on Wed. 24th Feb. 2010, Time 6.00pm
13. ANYANWU, C. (2011) Heartbeats (Poems of youthful love& Innocence). Ughelli, Isis Communications.
14. ANYANWU, C. (2011) The Twins. (A Novel) Ibadan, Bookwright Nigeria, Publishers.
15. Assistant Director, The Opium: A Thirteen Episode TV Soap aired on CTL AFRICA (CABLE NETWORK), Mondays & Wednesdays, 8.00 -8.30pm and Ekiti State Television, ELOFEM MOVIES PRODUCTION. 2012.
16. ANYANWU, C. (2015) Two Plays-A View from the Wings and The Brothers, Ibadan, Kraft Books, Ltd.
D. CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED:
1. ANYANWU, C. (2004) International Conference on African Arts, Faculty of Arts, Delta State University, Abraka, Nov. 10 – 14.
ANYANWU, C. (2007) African Council for Communication Education (ACCE), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, August 21st – 24th,
ANYANWU, C. (2007) Ebenezer Soola Conference on Communication, University of Ibadan, 18th – 19th Nov.
ANYANWU, C. (2009) Ife International Film Festival, Oduduwa Hall, Obafemi Awolowo University, ( O. A. U), Ile- Ife, 26th- 31st Jan. 2009, “African Cinema: Whither the past without the present?”
ANYANWU, C. (2008) “The role of Trade Unions in Collective Bargaining,” a paper presented at the NUPENG PPMC Quadrennial Delegates Conference, on the 21st of Aug.
2008, at the Royal Courtyard Hotel, Agbor, Delta State.
ANYANWU, C. (2014) “Culture of No culture and its Implications for Africa in the 21st century,” a paper presented at the 2nd Faculty of Arts International Conference held at Chris Oyakhilome Hall, Ambrose Alli university, Ekpoma, on the 11th-14th March 2014.
ANYANWU, C. and Elo Ibagere (2014) “The Nigerian media and the Institution of a Cultureless Society,” a paper presented at the 2nd Faculty of Arts International Conference held at Chris Oyakhilome Hall, Ambrose Alli university, Ekpoma, on the 11th-14th March 2014.
Reading. Writing; Travelling.
He has been the General Secretary and now the current Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) Delta State Chapter. He is a man of the ink anytime, anyday, anywhere.